Welcome to the land of Aethoros

Yesterday, by a tight vote of 3 to 2, the group decided that the world in which the Soulhers adventure is taking place would be called: Aethoros.  I will now begin work on a new “About Aethoros” page which will give detailed information about the land.

Also,  I think it was Ingram Pilot who stated that the deadly attack of undead on the city was the DM’s revenge for the actions taken by the group.  I just want to state that this is not the case.  Everything that happened in Cory yesterday (the attack on the city, the town guard not showing up in time to help the group, etc) was, quite honestly, triggered as a direct result of the group’s actions over the past two sessions, not as vengeance on my part.

In all honesty, you can burn the city to the ground for all I care, although you have to remember that NPCs will react to your actions.

This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Welcome to the land of Aethoros

1. ingram_pilot says:

I didn’t mean to imply that you, personally, were taking revenge on us. What I meant was that it seemed as if our bad karma was catching up with us. No sooner had we set our plot in motion that we encountered a huge group of exploding skeletons and immobilizing ghouls.

2. Folaji says:

I just wanted to make it clear.

If you guys want to be evil that’s fine with me (in fact, it’s probably more fun to be evil :D ), I just don’t want you to think that I was trying to get back at you all for trying to be evil.

3. ingram_pilot says:

I understand that the encounter had already been planned before we even took our ‘questionable’ actions. The timing just made it seem otherwise; that’s all.

4. Alisttair says:

ingram_pilot :

Aren’t you Unaligned???

5. ingram_pilot says:

Alisttair :

ingram_pilot :Although I agree with you that playing evil (in D&D and video games) is usually more fun, for some reason I always play as the good guy; I can’t help it.

Aren’t you Unaligned???

I’m not talking only about this campaign; but of all the RPGs that I’ve played. For example, in Knights of the Old Republic even though the Dark Side had better force powers, that I personally prefered to use, I somehow always ended up playing as a Light Side character.

Also, if you read the description for the alignments carefully, a character can be a good person while still being unaligned. Personality does play a role after all. (See sidebar on page 19 of the Player’s Handbook.)

This is exactly Archer’s situation. He sits at the intersection of the ‘Good’, ‘Lawful Good’ and ‘Unaligned’ alignments. Because his actions are dictated by logical reasoning and the circumstances he finds himself in, he is ‘technically’ closer to being unaligned, and can consciously choose to act according to the ‘Good’ or ‘Lawful Good’ alignments; which is why I put that down on the character sheet.

How’s that for a creative interpretation of the rules? :D

6. Folaji says:

Now I’m curious, what does it say on your character sheet?

7. ingram_pilot says:

It says “Unaligned”, because of the available options, it’s the one that fits the best.

8. Alisttair says:

So if it were a pre-4E D&D character, he would instead be Lawful Neutral then, right?

9. ingram_pilot says:

I’m not sure actually. The only pre-4E I’ve played was in PC/video games that happened to deal with alignment differently. The Soulhers campaign is my first actual pen and paper campaign.

10. Alisttair says: